Ereaders - check them out at Calvert Library
What kind of Books are on the eReaders?
- Children’s picture books, kid’s chapter books, and teen books; adult nonfiction topics such as Around the World, Great Outdoors, Spare Time on NOOK Color.
- Fiction themes such as best-sellers, favorite series, favorite fiction, mysteries and African American on Kindle and NOOK Color.
- eReader theme titles
- You CANNOT download your own selection of eBook(s) to a library eReader at this time. See our E-Read with Calvert Library page for help downloading library books to your own device or the COSMOS catalog to find downloadable material.
How many eReaders are available?
- 72 total eReaders are available
- Each branch has 15 eReaders of various themes to circulate and the Prince Frederick main library has the remaining 27.
How do I find an eReader in the catalog?
- Easy! Just type “Kindle” or "NOOKColor” in the Search for Materials box and then select one located at the library you wish to pick up from.
- eReaders are ‘owned’ by the branch or main library and must be picked up and returned to that location. Make sure “Pick up at (location)” is the same as the “Pick up” location under “Volume” and check the “Volume” box.
Who can check out eReaders?
- Customers 18 years or older with a picture ID and a library account in good standing
- An eReader user agreement must be completed and complied with.
- Stop by your local library or call for an appointment and we’ll be happy to show you how to use your device and answer any other questions you might have.
- Check our calendar for upcoming eReader classes being offered. Happy eReading!!
**The purchase of these devices and e-books was made possible thanks to a grant from the Maryland State Department of Education, Division of Library Development and Services with funding provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation’s 123,000 libraries and 17,500 museums. The Institute’s mission is to create strong libraries and museums that connect people to information and ideas.