Calvert Library’s “500 by Five” initiative inspires Calvert’s children to read 500 books by 5 years old.
Reading with young children on a daily basis is a lifetime gift for everyone that:
- builds a stronger relationship with your child
- increases basic speech and communication skills
- improves logical thinking
- increases vocabulary
- enhances concentration and discipline
- helps ease transitions to major milestones or other potentially stressful experiences
- promotes school readiness
- encourages a love of learning
And, let’s not forget, it is just plain fun!
Parents: Sign up to keep track of your 500 by Five books in order to earn your Certificate of Completion and take your place on our Wall of Fame.