Calvert Library’s “500 by Five”
Calvert Library’s “500 by Five” initiative inspires Calvert’s children to read 500 books by 5 years old.
Reading with young children on a daily basis is a lifetime gift for everyone that:
- builds a stronger relationship with your child
- increases basic speech and communication skills
- improves logical thinking
- increases vocabulary
- enhances concentration and discipline
- helps ease transitions to major milestones or other potentially stressful experiences
- promotes school readiness
- encourages a love of learning
And, let’s not forget, it is just plain fun!
Parents: Sign up to keep track of your 500 by Five books in order to earn your Certificate of Completion and take your place on our Wall of Fame.
An online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love.
Information on books, videos, audios and more for kids. If outside the library and linking directly to this service use: Username: childlit1 & Password: childlit1
Popular fiction titles for young readers; a great source for series, read-alikes and topic lists.
Live, online homework help, writing labs, adult learning resources, and much more - tutors available daily 2:00 - 11:00 p.m
Here, you'll find everything you need to do great on your tests, in class, and on your homework.