Do you know that reading makes you smarter? This is especially true for children. Count on the Calvert Library to help you raise a reader.
Free storytimes throughout the year for newborns through five years of age.
- Parents receive a reading "Tip of the Week," a newsletter that includes a booklist and coloring page related to that day's Storytime theme
- Meet and mingle with other parents of young children.
- Children develop large motor skills through dancing and motions related to a story, and fine motor skills through crafts.
- Promotes brain development
- Instills a love of reading
- Cultivates important social skills such as how to listen and how to behave in a group setting.
Take advantage of the wonderful free resources and programs available at your Calvert Library and Raise a Reader!