The changeable letter marquis in front of the Prince Frederick Safeway on Southbound Rt. 4, is available to non-profits to advertise their upcoming events through the generosity of the Optimist Club and the coordination of the Calvert Library.
To check availability and request the use of the sign for a week by your non-profit, you will click on the link at the bottom of this page. But first, print out and read these instructions to follow.
Please only request only ONE side of the sign the sign for ONE week so that other organizations have the opportunity to use it.
Repeat requests will be denied.
The sign is not available for reservation the month of December.
** IMPORTANT **
The Optimist Safeway Sign has 4 lines with room for 18 spaces per line. That includes letters and spaces.
Type your message with an asterisk at the end of each of the four lines of the message.
Free VFW Picnic*4th of July*Calv. Fairgrounds*410-555-1234
- Make sure the drop-down box under Library Selection reads “Optimist Safeway Sign.”
- Select both the Northbound and Southbound sides and click Refresh
a. The Southbound side is often referred to as Side 1
b. The Northbound side is often referred to as Side 2
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance and must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservations are for 1 week only and can only begin on a Sunday. Thus, you will find that none of the other days are available for you to select.
- If you are not in the “Month” view, you should click the “Month” tab near the top right of the page.
- If there are two entries listed on a Sunday (an entry is denoted by a small circle with a description followed by which side of the sign is reserved), then the sign is not available that week.
- You may only request one side of the sign one time per event. The exception to this is if it is only 2 weeks prior to the event and the sign is still available. In that case, please call Robyn Truslow at 410-535-0291 with your request
- Once you find an available week that works for your event, click on the appropriate Sunday.
- Check to see that the “Room Selection” drop-down box reflects the side of the side you wish to make the reservation for. Change it if it does not.
- You will see that you can select one time slot for the sign if it is available. After you check it, scroll down and click on “Continue.”
- Complete the form
a. A library card number is not required but it may make it easier to track your reservation later. If it will not accept your card number, leave this blank.
b. Do not change the times, as there is only one slot available anyway. Your sign will be up for the week, not for 15-30 minutes! :)
c. The organization name is required and it gives you a second chance at advertising if you put the event title in this line as well because it then shows up on our online reservation calendar for others to see. But keep it brief or it will be cut off.
d. The Purpose line is also required and can just be the event title
e. Name of the Card Holder is the person making the request and is required. If we have questions or problems, we need to know who to contact at the organization.
f. E-mail address is required if you wish to receive any confirmation or make any change to your initial reservation of the sign.
g. Your phone number is also required.
h. The Notes field is VERY IMPORTANT. This is where you write the message that you want posted. The Optimist Safeway Sign has 4 lines with space for 18 letters/spaces per line. Type your message with an asterisk at the end of each of the four lines of the message.
i. At the bottom of the page, click on Verify Request
j. Proofread your entries and if correct, click on Submit (at the bottom of the page)
- You will receive an e-mail that confirms that you have made the request, the time slot on the calendar will show pending. Within a week, you will receive a confirmation email from a reference librarian at the Calvert Library Prince Frederick letting you know if your request has been approved.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact a reference librarian at Calvert Library Prince Frederick at (410) 535-0291 or (301) 855-1862.
Check Availability and Apply Online