A lot of us have TOO MUCH STUFF! It's too nice to just throw away and a yard sale is a lot of work...so bring it to swap for something you need. Or just bring it so someone else can benefit from it. Or come and see if there is something you need! Swaps are a great way to bring new life to idle items. And you'll feel green and great for contributing to an eco-friendly, sustainable community!
- These swaps are friendly events...we aren't checking the "value to value" of any swaps. If someone brought a pair of baby socks and took home a stroller, that's OK. We will celebrate the stroller's new life!
- Bartering is welcome! If you want to be sure to get an equal exchange for an item you bring, then hold on to your item and see whether you can barter with it at the swap when you see something you really want.
- There will be no handling of cash for any of the swaps.
- If anything remains after each swap, the library will be donating the items to a local thrift store or discarding them.
- Bags and boxes will NOT be provided so please bring your own to carry your swap home in!
Out of the Pool and Back to School + Instrument Petting Zoo sponsored by Garrett Music Academy
Saturday, July 25
Calvert Library Prince Frederick
What are we swapping?
School supplies: paper, pencils, notebooks, folders..
Sports Equipment: practice uniforms, lacrosse sticks, karate gi, soccer cleats, protective gear...
School clothes: clean and gently used
Playable musical instruments, practice equipment, music...
Everyone loves summer vacation but there is also an exciting sense of anticipation that comes when you start thinking about school supplies! If you like to think green (whether it be keeping some green in your pocket or earthy green choices), you will love this swap opportunity! Is Junior done with baseball but looking to try out Taekwondo this year? Is her old lacrosse helmet too small for her?
Maybe you are a new empty nester and are looking to make that extra bedroom into a private study or a craft room for you.
Bring the clothes and sports equipment cluttering your space, the instruments no longer in use and even the notebooks and folders with no class to attend.
Instrument Petting Zoo: As an extra bonus, Garrett Music Academy will be here with a variety of instruments to try out. We expect a guitar, violin, viola, cello, and a variety of brass and woodwind instruments. If you're not sure which instrument you want to try in band next year, this would be a great opportunity to get some first-hand experience!